The social care forum
April 19, 2024, 10:25:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

HSC024

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HSC024  (Read 9709 times)
maind

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2011, 01:16:43 pm »

Hi Monica - this seems a bit daunting but is not too bad really.

The first question you pose is asking about the role of different agencies in safeguarding.  So you need to research the role of the social worker, the Deprivation of Liberty or Safeguarding teams, the police and CQC to name just a few.  I would just write down three or four agencies and beside each, a list of their responsibilities (you can easily find this online - I typed in 'what is the role of the social worker and got loads come up).

For the report on failure of social care I would pick an instance relevant to your sector.  For Learning Disability try googling 'Budock Hospital'; for elder care try googling 'Case review for Margaret Panting' and for GP or hospital care try Harold Shipman.  For children there's the Baby P case.  Have a look at the reports or review and summarise your research - particularly any recommendations that came out of the review and how the failings contributed to the abuse - for example, was there a failure in communication between agencies.

As far as sources of information and advice - well, the reports on failings help us understand where things can go wrong with systems and how workers can help put these failings right.  Training helps of course (and we often share stories and ideas at outside training sessions) and many care settings have alerter flowcharts dotted around their premises.  You should also have addressed this issue within your induction period.

As Aunty Sue would say - hope that helps!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: