The social care forum
April 18, 2024, 06:42:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

knowledge sections on nvq3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: knowledge sections on nvq3  (Read 572 times)
ladycake

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2011, 08:42:53 am »

my assessor has told me that for the knowledge specific on every unit to look at the criteria and turn these into written worked questions. It takes so long, up to a week to do!!! when covering a critera, how much should i be writing??? i`m doing about half an a4 page for each individual "question"  and my writing is small!! i`m never sure how much depth to go into and my assessor has never told me if its too much so i find myself writing loads to make sure!! When i was at uni i was used to writing essays and referencing etc so am i doing too much?Huh?? help!!!!!!! can i cover a point in a sentence or a list eg a legislation??
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Oliver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:19:19 pm »

Hi ladycake,  I cannot believe your assessor has asked you to do this. It is not acceptable.   Thyere is no need at all to write out answers to each knowledge as they are NOT questions.  Your assessor shoule be referencing all your evidence including observation to the right pc's and knowledge. Ask him or her to shiow you where you have already covered knowledge and then you only need to provide evidence for the remaining knowledge specs.   My blood is boiling as I read your post and I feel for you, best of luck.
Report Spam   Logged
ladycake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 04:34:30 pm »

i asked and i`ve never been given a real answer. i was told as much as you think will cover it. i give up!!
Report Spam   Logged
dawnbanf74

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 10:26:31 am »

I have had to do this on a few of knowledge as had not covered them i observations or questions.......i did about a side of a4 but this covered 3 or 4 knowledge points
Report Spam   Logged
Aunty Sue

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 08:47:34 am »

Hi ladycake,

I'm with Oliver on this.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Report Spam   Logged
ladycake

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 07:00:36 am »

thankyou. i`m quitting my level 3 as i`ve hated it since i began; not for the level of work, but because to get it i have had to to tell barefaced lies on most of my reflections and write witness statements that are lies e.g. assessing pressure areas with tools and write in careplans, which in my carehome only nurses are allowed to do. i dont want a certificate that says well done you are a great fantasy writer!!! the certificate to me would be done by blatent cheating in my eyes. whats best is my assessor knows all this. i assume i must sign some sheet of paper or a form??
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: