The social care forum
March 28, 2024, 02:09:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

HSC026 DIFFERENT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HSC026 DIFFERENT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS  (Read 15855 times)
pinkcandy

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2011, 11:44:56 am »

Can someone help with this please

Two Examples of a Different Working Relationship in a Adult Social Care Setting

Thank you  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Aunty Sue

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 01:01:59 pm »

Hi pinkcandy,

The relationship between manager and care worker, the relationship between care worker and care worker, the relationship between nursing staff and care staff...........and so on.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Report Spam   Logged
pinkcandy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 01:52:14 pm »

Thank you aunty sue your a great help  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Abigail86

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 03:27:19 pm »

Hi pinkcandy,

The relationship between manager and care worker, the relationship between care worker and care worker, the relationship between nursing staff and care staff...........and so on.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue

sorry I am being super dumb here, but how do i word that as an answer :/ The way the question is asked seems to me to be more of a what the difference is... maybe its just late and i need a break but im feeling stupid at the moment  Huh? X
Report Spam   Logged
maind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 04:28:06 pm »

Hi pinkcandy - I would list the types of relationships first as Aunty Sue has identified and then underneath explain how working relationships differ from personal relationships. So your workplace will have policies and procedures which specify you cannot take gifts and you cannot borrow money from service users (and of course they cannot borrow money from you). It would be unethical to have a relationship with a service user as they will be considered a vulnerable person and you could be prosecuted for abuse. You have to be aware of the professional boundaries around the relationships you have with people you support and not overstep them (example could be that they should not be visiting your home or, they may confide information which they ask you to keep secret but you know you cannot). The language you use is also important - you might not mind swearing and maybe you might swear at home or among friends but this would be considered poor behaviour and unprofessional and even harmful to your relationships with other workers or the people you support. So there are lots of things that are different when engaging in professional working relationships and when you are out and about with friends and family - have a think about the differences and you will have a comprehensive answer!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: