The social care forum
April 19, 2024, 10:49:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

CU2636 support individuals to Eat and Drink

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CU2636 support individuals to Eat and Drink  (Read 18201 times)
lyn2col

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:50:50 am »

Hello everyone:-)
I need your help  i am stuck to this question.

3.1 Describe factors that help promote an individual's dignity, comfort and enjoyment while eating and drinking
3.2 support the individual to consume manageable amounts of food and drink at thier own pace
3.5 adapt  suport in response to an individual's feedback or observed reactions while eating and drinking.

be able to monitor eating and driking and the support provided

5.2 Carry out and record agreed monitoring processes
5.3 report on the support provided for eating and drinking in accordance with agreed ways of working.

Thank you so much very appreciated .
Lyn x
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

maind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 03:24:41 pm »

Hi lyn2col!
3.1  3.2 and 3.3  Dignity, comfort and enjoyment are supported by cleaning spilled food off someone's chin; supporting them to eat at a speed they care comfortable with (not shovelling food at them) and sitting down with them - eating a meal is a social activity as well as a chance to 'refuel'; not overloading their plate (this is off putting for some people) and being mindful of individual health conditions which may compromise their ability to swallow safely (stroke for example). Adapting support may mean simply slowing down and giving time to chew their food or more complex when someone may need a professional assessment of their ability to eat (maybe they need their teeth examining or new dentures or have oral thrush).  Professionals may range from dentistry assessment to speech and language assessment of their swallowing abiliity or the GP may need to be involved to ensure appropriate referral to a consultant.  If you can think of someone you have supported with eating and drinking and describe the support you had to give that again would add weight to your answer and is especially important because 3.2 and 3.3 are outcomes which you must either demonstrate in the workplace or get a witness statement or be able to reflect upon real work experiences with a witness statement to back up and authenticate your answer.

5.2 and 5.3 Agreed ways of working simply means the care plans and risk assessments, policies and procedures you agree to follow in your workplace.  For eating and drinking, you might be expected to keep a detailed account of what has been eaten and drunk (and that  will not mean 'ate well' or 'ate a good dinner' which doesn't meet the standards and will not back you up should you find yourself in court at any point). Documenting care means meeting the standards for record keeping (detailed sufficiently to ensure continuity of care, dated, timed and signed). You may be involved with weighing individuals and keeping a fluid chart also. These two learning outcomes are also ones you ought to be demonstrating in the workplace and, failing that, you should ideally get a witness statement or be able to reflect upon real work experience and get a back up witness statement to authenticate your answer.

Report Spam   Logged
lyn2col

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 04:19:09 pm »

Thank you so much Maind  Smiley

to spent  your time to answer  my question  
you a  star. I have more question, need to finished  by the weekend..
my assessor  will obs. me in my work   I am so worried.

I have a lillte time :-(. too tired.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: