The social care forum
March 28, 2024, 03:50:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

under take pressure area care nvq3

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: under take pressure area care nvq3  (Read 25611 times)
mc

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2012, 07:19:04 am »

hello aunty sue
 plz could you help me help me with some question form undertake agreed pressure area care unit my brain gone dead.
1. idenify any cocerns with the agreed care plan prior to undertaking the pressure area care.Huh?
2. describe actions to take where any concerns with the agreed care plan are noted???
3. identify the pressure area risk- assessment tools which are usrd in own work area
4. explain why it is important to use risk assessment tools.?? Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

maind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »

Hi mc!
1 and 2. This is an outcome which needs to be demonstrated ideally (in the workplace) and this should be den either by your assessor or a suitable witness. However if your assessor has asked you to include it in an account, it MUST relate to a real experience and be a reflective account of that.  It means that if you spot any issues or changes that concern you (within the plan of care - this could be a new problem that isn't included in the existing plan of care for example) you identify it and pass it on appropriately in writing and verbally to people you are working alongside of and who are in senior positions (so the plan can be amended as soon as possible).
3&4. There are lots of pressure area risk assessment tools in use in different settings.The commonest one is the Waterlow which is a checklist which you use to give a score to the individual - the higher the score the higher the risk of sores and the greater the need for a pressure relieving mattress etc.  Google it as it is easy to find on line. Check inside your care plans for the tool you use (another is the Norton scoring tool but this isn't very detailed and I hardly see it now). It is the law that we assess risks to a person's skin and is also part of the Essential Standards for Quality and Safety which CQC use to judge care providers standards of care.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: