The social care forum
April 16, 2024, 01:33:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

unit 4222-385 outcome 3:3 and 3:4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: unit 4222-385 outcome 3:3 and 3:4  (Read 1272 times)
glitterbug

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2012, 06:45:51 am »

Hi,

I'm struggling with outcome 3:3... explain the changes in society as a result of disability legislation. Also outcome 3:4 analyse the extent of improvements for the individual as a result of disability legislation.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me a starting block!

Thank you x
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:32:25 am by glitterbug » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

maind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 02:49:28 pm »

Hi glitterbug!

The changes in society are really to do with changing the mindset of people and employers.  Some of that is to do with changing public perception around people with disabilities being part of society and not excluded because of their disability - so access to public buildings has had to be improved to bring them into line with legislation.  It has made it commonplace to see people with learning disabilities being supported in the community and being encouraged to be a part of the community rather than being shut away and this has had positive results for individuals who have been unable to live their lives to the fullest potential because they have been shut away. Disability legislation has meant that people who want to work must have reasonable adjustments made to help them sit on a level playing field with those who are able bodied - they cannot be discriminated against as they were in the past. So the extent of improvement has been huge (although many would argue that there is still a way to go).
Report Spam   Logged
glitterbug

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 10:46:10 am »

Thank you!! I ended up on the right track but sometimes when you sit in front of something for so long it seems like the right answer is the wrong one! Thank you again x
Report Spam   Logged
maind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 02:15:23 pm »

You're very welcome!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: