The social care forum
April 19, 2024, 03:46:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Help and advice please :)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help and advice please :)  (Read 11153 times)
LBH

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:25:32 am »

Hi

I'm doing my NVQ L3, my mind has gone into shut down mode due to the wonderful cold i'm currently hosting and my assessor is coming next week. Need to finish my MH unit but my mind keeps drifting off halfway through my sentances.
Can anyone please help me with this question?
Explain how mental ill health may be indicated through an individual's emotions, thinking and behaviour.

Many Thanks
 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

maind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 05:03:29 pm »

Hello LBH!
Sorry to hear your not feeling well - hope you feel better soon. Meantime, here is some information to help with your assessment:

Mental ill health is often picked up by others due to signs and symptoms - fo example:

Emotional signs - crying (alot!); facial expressions (sadness or despair) - sometimes emotions may be inappropriate (laughing in situations where this is not appropriate - at a funeral for example) and sometimes emotions may be up and down so that a person may be described as extremely moody.
Thinking - this is something people around the person will not see - the individual with disordered thinking may have difficulty concentrating or organising their thoughts. They may become paranoid and deluded or in denial about just how bad things are.
Behaviour - the affected person may hoard clothing, newspapers and other items which can clutter their home to the point that they become a danger to themselves or others, they may wash their hands constantly and check repeatedly that they have locked doors or windows before going out; they may become forgetful and fail to turn up for appointments etc.

These are just some of the ways mental ill health may manifest itself!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: