The social care forum
April 20, 2024, 01:58:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DEM 312 2.3 help please!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DEM 312 2.3 help please!  (Read 1186 times)
jordankingsford

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2015, 06:50:29 am »

I have an upcoming professional discussion but I'm not sure how I should answer it. It asks "analyse ways of responding to the behaviour of an individual with dementia taking account of the abilities and needs of the individual, carers and others."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jordan
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

steadysue

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 02:46:37 am »

Hello,
I hope the discussion covers more than this one point! Unless of course it is a gap that remains in evidence for unit.
What you need to do is describe how you responded to some behaviour of person with dementia. Maybe the person refused to get dressed in morning. How did you respond? How did you take into account e.g. their communication abilities, maybe they don't understand words very well now due to their dementia, maybe they have limited speech. did you offer them another choice of clothes? Would they be happier doing it themselves? What about choice of clothes, do family want her dressed I certain way, is clothing easy care material, easy to wash. Try to describe how you put person at centre of what you did, how you engaged with them, how you recognised behaviour was way of communicating.
If your assessor is familiar with workplace and what you do they should be able to give you some guidance, e.g. 'tell me what you did when Mrs Y tipped her food on the floor'
A discussion is a good way of providing evidence for difficult to cover criteria.
Steadysue
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: