The social care forum
April 19, 2024, 05:49:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

stuck with nvq 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stuck with nvq 2  (Read 2322 times)
peggy

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2008, 08:39:50 am »

hi my name is peggy. I've just started with my nvq 2 and i'm doing my first unit. the unit i'm doing is unit2 but i'm stuck. their are asking e to make a leaflet and i havent got any idea on how to start with that so i was wondering if anybody could help me please? Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Andy Mann

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 04:37:43 pm »

Hi Peggy,
I've sent you an e mail - but I think your leaflet problem might be related to Health & Safety? If so then think about all apsects of H&S in the home, COSHH,Fire, Accident records and Environmental health. Then maybe find ictures to represent soome of these things and use them in your leaflet - try more pictures than words as they have a better impact than lots of words in a poster/leaflet.

Any problems then keep coming back - that's what this site is for!
Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Neil
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 04:59:12 pm »

Andy is talking sense Peggy. If you think about the best adverts its the pictures you remeber. There are a couple of links to clipart sites on the main site. If you type in the title Health and safety it should come up with something. You could also try the health and safety executive website for some ideas

http://www.hse.gov.uk/index.htm 
Report Spam   Logged

Why be a currant in the bun when you could be the icing on the cake?
peggy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 10:42:50 am »

hi andy i tried to look at the main website for some pictures but i dont know where to look. i mau sound stupid i really havn,t got i clue about this. i dont even know how to start thinking about it.
Report Spam   Logged
Neil
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 02:18:45 pm »

Hi Peggy
Right. when you get to work and you have put your coat away you will probably have a handover then start getting people up. I bet you wash your hands and put on an apron and then change these after every client. Then you will also dispose of any pads, the dirty laundry and the contents of the commode. At some point there will be a fire drill and you will gather at a certain point and sign a book. During the day a visitor will come and you will be expected to ask for ID. If you work in the kitchen you will use colour coded chopping boards and take the temperature of the food. These are all health and safety things. Your assessor is trying to get you to show that you recognise these things and relate them to health and saafety. You also have fire extinguishers, fire doors, security lights, coshh regulations for the chemicals and  thousand other things to think about. Draw a picture of the things that you are involved with regularly. and ask your manager to show you which laws and regulations are involved. Hope this helps
Report Spam   Logged

Chezzie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 04:14:21 pm »

Hi Peggy

I was just wondering how you had got on with your leaflet. If you get stuck or are still struggling just give us a shout, they seem a nice bunch on here and i dont mind helping if i can.

Jo xx
Report Spam   Logged

To err is human, to blame someone else shows management potential.
peggy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 08:33:19 am »

hi
still struggling with leaflet need to put pictures and all that about stereo typing, discriminations and al sort. i dont know where to look for them or how to set it up.
i also need to make a checklist i havent got i clue how to start on that.
Report Spam   Logged
Neil
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 01:42:29 pm »

Hi Peggy. Can you post exactly what you have been asked to do so that we can help you. You seem to be getting a bit wound up by this and you shouldnt be. Tell us exactly what you have been set and we can go from there.

Chill !!!!

Neil
Report Spam   Logged

peggy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 01:37:52 pm »

right it say on the paper:
plan and prepare a display to help care workers develop a better understanding of diversity and how to work in a way that respects the differences.
the display must cover:
the type of eperience or events that can affect people
how experiences or events can effect people
what is discrimination
what is stereotyping
ways of encouraging and understanding and welcoming of differences
how discrimination can best be challenged in the work place
where careworkers can find more information and advice on promoting the rights of individuals

and all that needs to be on a laeflet.
sorry if i sound stressed out but im right proud of doing this as englisch is not my language and so far i have passed all my work eccept for this.
thanx for helping any way!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Neil
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 04:22:04 pm »

Hi Peggy
Well you should be proud. I didn't realise that you werent English. Can you tell us where you are from?
In answer to your questions i am on holiday next week and so will have more time to help you with this if you can wait that long. In the meantime some of the others on the site might like to help.
I hope this is ok

Neil
Report Spam   Logged

Neil
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 04:42:59 pm »

Hi Peggy
If i was doing this project i would think of some groups of people whom i had experience of and work with these because then at least i would have some basic knowledge so in my case it could be Black people, people with learning disabilities and old people. I would then make a list of the points that make them different.i might include things like religion, musical tastes, fashion, moral standards and any other things that were relevant to and gave a picture of the three groups. From here you could begin to explore how the groups are discriminated against and why (basically you need to show that if someone is different someone else will not like it) you could include details like hair colour (ginger) skin colour (black, brown etc) musical taste (rock, punk, country) . for religion you could eplore the very different sects like muslims, Buddhists, hindus, and then go into detail about christianity lookin at the differences between catholics, protestants and say methodists or presbyterians.In doing this you will have covered most of the points you are looking to cover. If you ahve to do a leaflet you could have separate columns for the differences and similarities. You could also list the ways in which groups are sterotyped ( the Irish are thick) Scots are agressive etc. You could probably discuss your own culture and teach us all on here about the groups in your culture who are discriminated against. I hope this all helps with your problem. You could also look on the main site under equality and diversity for some links

Neil
Report Spam   Logged

peggy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 03:27:28 pm »

hi neil thank you very much you have made it a lot cleare for me now i have made a leaflet up with your help and i hope it will do i let you know on the 13 of june cos then my assesor comes back.
realy thank you very much
peggy
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: