The social care forum
March 28, 2024, 06:07:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

need help badly

Poll
Question: hsc 414 reflective account  (Voting closed: March 14, 2011, 04:59:44 am)
hsc 414 reflective account - 0 (0%)
hsc 414 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need help badly  (Read 468 times)
kyla

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2011, 03:59:44 am »

please help me do my reflective account hsc 414 in nvq 4 in health and social care for elderly i really dont knowwhat to do.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Aunty Sue

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 05:04:11 am »

Hi kyla,

Think about a time when you assessed the needs of an individual. Don't look at the unit as a whole just take one element at a time.

'a' is about when you first met the individual. Start with a bit of background such as "Mary is 82 and was having difficulties managing at home since her husband died."

To cover 414a 1 you say something like "I met with Mary's Social Worker who told me why she needed to come into residential care. She showed me her records and risk the assessments that had been carried out in her home".

414a 2 - "Through discussion with her Social Worker I discovered that English is not Mary's first language and she gets easily confused, she relies on her daughter, Anne, to explain things to her."

Work through the PCs and cover as many as you can.

414b is about 'Supporting staff, individuals and key people to identify changes in the care needs of individuals'. Work through the PCs as with 'a'.

414c 'Revise assessments to meet the changing needs and preferences' can be covered by a review meeting where any identified changes in needs are discussed and plans are made to meet them.

Just think what each PC is asking and what you need to say to fully cover it.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: