The social care forum
October 24, 2014, 08:31:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thenvqman.web.officelive.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

I need some help...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need some help...  (Read 21521 times)
monica

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:41:46 pm »

Hi,

Could anyone check my answers as I'm not sure if they are ok and give some advice what is missing/ how to improve them.

1) Identify standards that influence the way your role is carried out:

-   Legislations, regulations, policies and procedures
-   Duties and rules that apply to my job role
-   Values and ethics

2) Explain other ways you assess how well own knowledge, skills and understanding meet required standard in your work:

-   Asking colleagues/ supervisor/ manager/ individuals for feedback on my performance and
        checking whether it met required standards.
-   Attending appraisal session

3) Explain how you as a care worker can reduce the likelihood of abuse applying the following work practice:

Working with person-centred values
(I've got only: empowering service users by giving them invaluable information and tools to become aware of what their rights are, what support systems are out there and how they can manage their own lives)

Encourage participation
(I have: By encouraging individuals to be interested and actively involved in their own care planning and to
challenge any actions they donít like)

Promoting choice and rights
(my answer: Remaining individuals about their rights and encouraging to make choices and complaints )

4) Describe the process for agreeing on a personal development plan and who should be involved

Personal development plan should be worked out with supervisor.
First step would be to think about what goals I have and then discuss with supervisor the best ways for achievieng them.

Different development areas (such as practical and communication skills), goals or targets I have set and a timescale for achieving them should also be discussed and agreed on with supervisor.
Next step would be a review process to see what progress I have made and how my plan needs to be updated. 
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Aunty Sue

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 04:24:04 am »

Hi monica,

1 You need to name the standards eg the Essential Standards for Quality and Safety.

2 Ok.

3 Yes and providing for the service user's individual needs, choices and preferences even when you might disagree.

Yes and providing support such as interpreters, signers, advocates, communication equipment etc that will enable them to participate.

Yes and providing suitable, realistic choices, speaking up for them and challenging unfairness etc.

4 First you need to know what your learning needs are then you plan how/when they can and will be be achieved. Those involved, yes your supervisor but who will give you feedback, who might you shadow etc.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Report Spam   Logged
monica

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:31:18 am »

Thank you very much Aunty Sue.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: